Stakeholder meeting on CT Municipal Affordable Housing Plans and Process Guidebook with guest Melissa Kaplan-Macey, Connecticut Director, Regional Plan Association (RPA) will be held via Zoom on Tuesday, June 9th at 10am. Please RSVP to Jocelyn if you wish to attend and she will get you the Zoom info.
- Introductions & Welcome (Jocelyn)
- Warren, Norfolk, Harwinton, FV/Canaan, Barkhamsted, Morris, and Goshen have applied for funding to create these plans, Salisbury already has one
- What will be covered in the Guidebook for CT Municipalities on Creating Local Affordable Housing Plans? (Melissa)
- Your questions and feedback about the Guidebook
- NWCT Regional Housing Council members (local housing organizations)
- NHCOG area Chief Elected Officials
- Planning Commission Chairs & other interested members
WHY: During the 2017 legislative session, a new law was passed that requires every municipality to have an “Affordable Housing Plan” adopted by the town that “shall specify how the municipality intends to increase the number of affordable housing developments in the municipality.” RPA is currently assisting the CT Department of Housing to develop a guidebook outlining the process municipalities could take to create these plans and what should be included in them.