The Northwest Hills COG serves its member towns by coordinating and administering programs and projects of regional interest. From equipment sharing to regional Household Hazardous Waste Days, these COG services help save our towns money by sharing the cost of the service regionally rather than each town taking on the full cost themselves. Below is a list of some of these services:
- Public Works Equipment Cooperative
- Regional Household Hazardous Waste Days coordination
- Regional Cooperative Purchasing Program
- Regional Animal Shelter feasibility support
- Foundation for Community Health Prescription Assistance Program administration
- Northwest Corner Fuel Bank administration
- Staff support for NWCT Regional Housing Council, Northwest ConneCT (regional broadband initiative), and Housatonic River Commission
For more information on any of these regional services or projects, please contact the NHCOG office.
Household Hazardous Waste Days photos:
Pat greets Household Hazardous Waste Day participants.
Darlene and Bruce check the car contents with a representative from the HHW vendor.
Cars proceed to the drop-off point where their car is unloaded.