Our next “5th Thursdays” forum for land use commission members and staff is coming up on April 29th at 7pm via Zoom. This forum will deal with how Planning & Zoning commissions are dealing with new uses on farms including hemp farming, special events, and agritourism.
This next NHCOG “5th Thursdays” forum will cover the following:
- How Planning & Zoning Commissions in our region are dealing with hemp farming (in light of Public Act No. 19-3) & what you should know.
- Balancing the needs of farmers and their residential neighbors- allowing events on farms, and agri-tourism regulations.
- Hear about the results and recommendations from the Warren’s Farming Future project.
- Joan Nichols, Executive Director, CT Farm Bureau Association
- Paul Elconin, Director of Land Conservation, Northwest Connecticut Land Conservancy
- Elizabeth Chandler, Vice President, Warren Land Trust
Please register in advance for this meeting by clicking here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.