Our next 5th Thursdays forum for land use commission members on Aug. 29th at 6:30pm here in the COG office will be focused on what happened in the last State legislative session that could affect planning and zoning issues in our towns. We will also have a roundtable discussion about best practices for running contentious meetings. Guest presenters and information will include:
- John Guszkowski, AICP, and Amanda Kennedy, AICP, both Co-Chairs of the CT Chapter of the American Planning Association’s Government Relations Committee
- John will summarize the planning & zoning related issues addressed in the last legislative session, especially new legislation passed and how it could affect our towns.
- Roundtable Discussion on best practices for running contentious meetings smoothly. Many of us have been at meetings where contentious issues were discussed and things “get out of hand”. We will discuss best practices our towns are employing for setting ground rules, setting the tone/explaining the purpose of the meeting, and making sure everyone is respectfully heard.
Who should attend:
Planning Commission members
Zoning Commission members
Inland Wetland and Conservation Commission members
Land Use Administrators & ZEOs
Other interested stakeholders
Planning to come?! CLICK HERE to RSVP TODAY!
Goals of NHCOG 5th Thursday forums:
- To provide an opportunity four times a year to meet your neighboring land use commission members and exchange ideas and resources;
- To provide an opportunity to hear about land use topics of common interest; and
- To provide a forum to solicit feedback and input from local land use commission members and staff on the development of regional plans and plan implementation