Our next 5th Thursdays forum for land use commissions will be held on March 29th. Attendees will hear about the draft NWCT Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) and have the opportunity to provide input. Will also discuss zoning regulation “best practices” for home based businesses and mixed use in town centers. There will be an update on short term rental regulation too!
SAVE THE DATE! Please join us!
“5th Thursdays” Forum for Land Use Commissions:
March 29, 2018 • 6:30pm-8pm
Location: NHCOG office (59 Torrington Rd., Goshen)
Jobs and Economic Development in NWCT
- What is in the draft NWCT Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS)?
- Provide your input on the vision, goals, and strategies in the draft CEDS
- How could this Plan effect my town?
- Home based business regulations– how are town in our region regulating home based businesses? What are some “best practices”?
- Mixed use zoning regulations in town center areas- how can mixed use zoning (example: housing over commercial uses in town center areas) help support the town/village center? What are some examples from other towns in CT?
- Update on AirB&B regulations- We will share the example town ordinance for regulating short term rentals that Jocelyn presented to the NHCOG Board in February and an update on where Warren is with its new regulation.
- Roundtable discussion– share any new(er) planning/zoning/conservation issue or approach your commission is working on that you think other towns in the region might be interested in.
Planning to come?! RSVP TODAY! (RSVP to: email@example.com)
This 5th Thursday session has been approved by CAZEO for 1 CEC (continuing education credit).