March 30th at 6:30pm is our next “5th Thursdays” forum for land use commissions. Special topic for this one: Meeting the needs of an aging population AND attracting/retaining young people.
This forum will serve as a focus group session for our new Regional Plan of Conservation & Development (PoCD) and an update on the input we have received to date from the region’s residents on priority issues to be addressed in our Regional PoCD.
- Overview of predicted demographic changes and how these will impact land use
- The results of the Regional Plan resident input survey AND Planning & Zoning Commission member survey which describe what land use issues are critical to address in our region
- The results of our senior center survey and high school student survey which describe how we can attract/retain young people and meet the need of our older adults
- Priority implementation strategies that have come out of the other focus group sessions (agriculture, housing, energy, conservation, jobs & main streets)
Provide your input on:
- the land use related strategies and projects to meet the needs of an aging population and attract/retain young people that should be included in our new Regional Plan of Conservation & DevelopmentMarch 30, 2017 • 6:30pm-8pm
Location: NHCOG office (59 Torrington Rd., Goshen)
Planning to come?! RSVP TODAY!