October 29th at 7:00pm is the next NHCOG 5th Thursday forum. It will be held at the new NHCOG office (59 Torrington Rd, Goshen, CT). This forum is another opportunity to meet your fellow land use commission members and hear about planning and zoning efforts in the region.
To RSVP: Please call or email Jocelyn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-491-9884.
To celebrate Fall, cider & pumpkin pie will be served!
Guests & Special Topics:
1) Bruce Hyde, CLEAR Land Use Academy Director, presents: Planning & Zoning resources available from UConn’s Center for Land Use Education and Research (CLEAR). Bruce is back by popular demand!
- Learn how to use the interactive maps of your town that are available on CLEAR (uconn.edu) and CT Eco (cteco.uconn.edu) including land cover, soils, contours, critical habitats, and areal photo maps.
- Learn about the now nationally recognized Rain Garden App that could help promote the use of this low impact development technique in your town.
- Hear about the land use training resources available to you online and through the NHCOG.
2) Rick Lynn, NHCOG Executive Director, presents: Moving NWCT- provide your input to help shape our new Regional Transportation Plan. What is your vision for how we move people and goods from place to place within our region over the next 20 years? Do we need more sidewalks and bike lanes? buses for seniors? jetpacks & helipads?
- The Plan will consider all means of travel including automobile, transit (including bus and rail), walking, and bicycle. The Plan will develop a vision for transportation priorities and recommend improvements throughout the region to help realize the vision. Development of this Plan will also assist in securing funding for improvements.