The topic of the upcoming “5th Thursdays” forum will be Greenway Plans: Biking, walking, and rail trails being developed in the NHCOG region. Thursday, April 30, 2015 @ 6:30pm, Sullivan Senior Center- Torrington (proposed Naugatuck River Greenway trail head).
This forum is another exciting opportunity to meet your fellow land use planning commission members and hear about planning efforts in the region! Here are just some highlights of what’s to come that evening:
- Rista Malanca, member of the CT Greenways Council, will talk about plans for the Naugatuck River Greenway (runs through Torrington, Litchfield, & Harwinton along the Naugatuck River)
- Dan Bolognani, Executive Director for the Upper Housatonic Valley Heritage Area will talk about the proposed Western New England Greenway, HouBikeWalk trail (along the Housatonic River from Kent to Canaan), and rails WITH trails initiatives
- Hear about what the potential impacts on your town could be from a greenway.
- Hear what your neighboring land use commissions are up to.
- Opportunity to walk down to the River (behind the Senior Center) on an early Spring evening to see the proposed Naugatuck River trailhead first hand.
Directions to April 30th forum: Sullivan Senior Center (address: 88 E. Albert Street, Torrington) is located at the intersection of Park Ave. and E. Albert Street on the Naugatuck River near Fuessenich Park. Plenty of off street parking right there.
To RSVP: Please call or email Jocelyn or call 860-868-7341 (RSVP encouraged but not required)