Mapping and Data Resources
Northwestern CT Transit District local bus service maps (Torrington, Winsted, Litchfield)
Housatonic River Overlay Zone Maps
- Cornwall, CT
- Kent, CT
- New Milford, CT
- Sharon, CT
- Corridor Boundaries
- Land cover
- Cultural resources
- Natural resources
- Recreational resources
- Water resources
Other mapping resources
- Provides technical assistance and solutions to municipal land use commissions, land trusts, and individuals including environmental reviews, lower impact development, wetland soil identification, and open space and farmland preservation.
- Provides GIS mapping and analysis services such as Natural Resource Planning and Inventories, Open Space Plans, Land Use Planning & Analysis, Suitability Analysis, Soils Mapping & Analysis, Land Development Potential, Parcel Data Management, Zoning Districts, Scenic/ Significant Vistas, Special Projects, etc.
- Find Census data for your community on housing, population projections, school enrollment, jobs, commute times, income, and much more.
- Watershed maps for each town
- Downloadable GIS data including land cover, aerial photos
- Interactive online mapping services
- Connecticut’s Changing Landscape Website & Mapping Tool The University of Connecticut Center for Land Use Education and Research (CLEAR) has just released the next version of its Connecticut’s Changing Landscape project, which now charts changes to the face of Connecticut over a 21-year period, from 1985 to 2006. CLEAR’s updated and enhanced Connecticut’s Changing Landscape website offers information from the study in a range of ways, from data tables to charts to maps to interactive web mapping — all at the state, regional and town levels. http://clear.uconn.edu/projects/landscape/index.htm
- Download a variety of town maps in pdf format including soils, contours and orthophotos
- Use the Simple Map Viewer is for viewing one natural resource theme at a time such as farmland soils, wetland soils, protected open space, natural diversity data base areas, and water quality classifications.
- The Aerial Photo Viewer – is for viewing aerial photography available for Connecticut, certain regions in Connecticut, and along the Connecticut coastline and Connecticut River.
- NEW 2016 aerial photography and elevation maps
Download a variety of maps on Title VI Demographic Mapping & Information; Traffic; Air Quality; District, Regional and Urban Maps; and Town Roads
- Links to historical maps including Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps (requires library card number) and topographic maps