The NHCOG works on economic development issues in collaboration with the Northwest Connecticut Economic Development Corporation, the Northwest Connecticut Chamber of Commerce, and the Northwestern Connecticut Regional Planning Collaborative. In 2013 the Northwest Connecticut Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) report was completed. The CEDS report includes a data section detailing present conditions in NWCT and a specific Action Agenda to guide improvements in economic conditions in NW CT over the next five years.
For an excerpt of the NWCT CEDS data section which includes information on population and age, housing, educational attainment, employment, income, industry, and municipal fiscal data click here.
For the full CEDS report, click here.
Other economic development links:
- Northwestern Connecticut Regional Planning Collaborative’s Village Center Vitality Current Conditions Report (2010) and Strategies report (2010)
- Northwest Connecticut Chamber of Commerce
- State Department of Economic and Community Development
- Connecticut Main Street Center
- Connecticut Economic Resource Center
- Northwest CT Chapter of SCORE’s “Starting a Small Business in Northwest Connecticut: A Basic Guide“